Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh nurse lady....



Blake had to get blood work done to figure out this hold breathe spell thing he has. We have done it before and he didn't cry until they put the band-aid on. I was pretty confident in our trip to the lab. When we went back the nurse started working on his right arm and "oh we missed the vein." Crap! Blake is still doing well, but become very unhappy with this lady. He has now started to sweat, get extremely red, and super hot. As I am reassuring him, she is moving the needle around in his arm complaining about how his veins are not too good. Okay nurse lady. Now let me state here that I know that different people have different levels of taking blood and that is fine, BUT the next thing that comes out of this lady's mouth is a bit ridiculous. So now she decides to try on his other arm. Blake is sitting so still and still 5000 degrees and sweat coming down his forehead. She sticks him again and SAYS, "well if he would stop moving we could do this." Wait one skinny second nurse lady. For one he moved one centimeter when you jabbed the needle in his arm, for two he is completely uncomfortable with you, for three he can hear/understand everything you are saying about him, and for four he is NINETEEN MONTHS OLD! Yikes I really had to bite my tongue at this point with this nurse lady. I stayed focused on Blake and making sure he felt safe with me. But boy was I MAD! Then she threw some stuff in the trash can and said, "well our rule is 2 tries and now you will have to come back" as she rips the paper apart to give me mine. Sure nurse lady we will go and next time we come I will be calling to see who is working in the lab. I think this is the worse part about being a Mom. I would take every "bad" thing that happens to my boys 15x worse if I could. I hate to see them like this. So we are still waiting to see about his HBS thing, I will keep you posted on the next lab visit! When we got home he was so upset about his arms and the band-aids on them. I wanted to take his picture so I told him to act sad for the picture. He actually "acted" sad. I thought I was going to fall over from laughing. This boy is too cute. Enjoy his "sad" pictures! (Don't mind the yellow sticker on his chest that I found when I took his shirt off. I guess he didn't like the paper at school!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Regan. You are a better and more poised woman than I am. I am afraid I would have let her have it. I have a hard time holding my tongue on just about everything so I know that if it were my kid I would have had something inappropriate to say.

    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should have said something Molly. But I thought saying something not nice to that nurse lady while she had a needle in my child's arm = not such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete