Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas at the Zoo and a Meeting with the Big Guy



We have been wanting to get the boys to see Santa this year, but it just hasn't worked out. Monday evening was surprisingly warm, so at 6:15 we decided to head to the zoo. They have a million lights everywhere and they are beautiful! The boys were amazed by all the lights. We headed to Santa's Village and there was the "Big Guy" himself. Braden was so pumped to see him and had it all figured out what he was going to ask for. Now Blake on the other hand, isn't the biggest fan of strangers. He likes to talk to everyone but it has to be on his terms. As we stood in line, I was giving the pep talk to him. I was telling him "Santa is a nice man", "Braden is going to sit on his lap", "Oh, look at that little boy sitting on his lap", you get the picture. Everytime I would ask him if he was going to sit on his lap he would say, "ummm no!" As we got closer and were able to see him once again the glaze went over their eyes. One of those moments I wish I could bottle up to treasure forever. Blake looked at me and said "ho ho!" And then they saw that Santa was handing out candy canes. For sure Blake will do ANYTHING for some candy. I asked him again, his answer, "ummmm no!" As his fingers were hanging onto my ribs it was our turn to see Santa. Braden jumped right up and told him he would like "IU basketball shoes and new games!" Blake and I were like one person at this time. No joke! As the lady taking pictures (the one picture - not this one- that cost us $10.00) is trying to do everything to get him to stop crying, I say in a loud voice, "just take the picture!" So this will be the Christmas that Mom had to be in the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment