Well even if you didn't ask me what a "lencher" is I am going to tell you! Braden's new thing is to make up words and then tell you a whole story about them.
Very creative, I know! Here is our conversation on the way to school today:
Braden: "Mom, there is lencher!" (while looking out his window)
Me: "Oh, a lencher. What is a lencher, Braden?"
Braden: "A bird."
Me: "How big is this bird?"
Braden: "About this big." (Imagine a hand gesture like when you describe how big the fish you caught was)
Me: "Wow, that is a big bird. What does this lencher bird like to eat?"
Braden: "He likes worms like a regular bird would (of course he would-silly me!). Sometimes he likes pizzas."
Me: "Pizzas- a lencher eats pizzas. Does he like them cold or hot?"
Braden: "Ummmm cold."
Braden: "Ummmm cold."
Me: "Do you mean cold like the weather or the temperature of the pizza?"
Braden: "Cold like the weather- the pizza would be hot."
Braden: "Cold like the weather- the pizza would be hot."
Me: "I see. Does this lencher anything else?"
Braden: "Well, he eats other smaller birds."
Me: "I see. So this lencher eats worms, pizzas, and smaller birds? Is that it?"
Braden: "That's all."
Me: "Where does this bird live?"
Braden: "In a hole?"
Me: "In the ground?"
Braden: "In a tree (in a voice, like come on mom). And then sometimes the police says to the lenchers "don't sit in the nest- you get out of there." (In a very deep police man voice)
Me: "I see." (laughing)
That my friend is what a lencher is. Aren't you glad you asked?

No comments:
Post a Comment