Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday School

Today was Braden's first time to go to Sunday School. Tear....
Nick and I had some discussions on enrolling him or not enrolling him the past month or so. Sunday school is held during the actual mass time in the gym next to our church. Our struggle was if we put him in the school then he isn't going to learn how to "act" in church. But after talking to my parents, which they always seem to have a wise thought to share with us, we decided that this would be a great opportunity for him to begin to understand God. It would also be good for him to interact with other children (even though he goes to preschool everyday) and other adults. And when he is done with Sunday School then he can learn how to "act" in church. He is ONLY 3 years old. ha!
Now we talked up this Sunday School business in the bath Saturday night and he had lots of thoughts about it. We talked through what the ideal behavior should be (listening, sharing, having good manners, etc.) and the last one was saying nice words (he has been saying a few not so nice words- poop/butt/tooty, etc). He said "Yeah Mom, like poop and tooty those are not nice words. They are really really bad words." Me: "Well Braden, they aren't really really bad words they are just not words that we should use at Sunday School or at the lunch table! ha!"
Sunday morning everyone is moving well and Braden is SO excited to start school. We went into the gym, he got a bit nervous and attached himself to my left leg! But we left him (he was just a bit sad) and I prayed that he was enjoying himself the whole time when we were at mass and I wouldn't get a tap on my shoulder. I thought that maybe, just maybe, since we only had Blake that I might hear/remember/process something from mass, but dang that child NEVER stopped moving the whole hour. I think he was so off because Braden wasn't there. Braden was so excited to see us when we went to pick him up. I asked him what he learned and he told me this: "that you put the cracker first and then the white stuff and then the chocolate!" I don't think I recall that from the Bible! He was describing the snack that they got to make. So then I asked him about if he learned anything about God and he answer, "oh yeah, he made people. He made them with his hands!" I guess snack is 2nd to God making people!
Well until next Sunday. I am sure this class will bring us many wonderful and comical posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment