


It is funny how the smallest, not planned, and inexpensive activities are the best! Saturday we did the sledding adventures at our house, which the boys LOVED (and I won't lie I think Nick and I had a fun time sledding ourselves (or laughing at each other)). Braden was doing turns on his sled and holding on the whole way and little Blakers did the "hill" (really just a small slope) in our backyard all by himself (way over the top proud of him for that one!). And it is a small wonder that they were even interested in sledding after the adventures at Grandma and Grandpa's house (if you didn't read that post it is a must-if I knew how to link it into this section of the post I would). Once we all came inside we made snow ice cream. Wow did that bring back some memories. I remember making it as a child with my parents and siblings. It is really neat to share those moments with my children. Braden thought it was the best thing in the world and has asked if we could make it every day since! I love winter adventures, but I am getting closer to wanting Spring to come!


how do you make snow ice cream.. It looks delish!
ReplyDeleteYou just take snow (clean of course), vanilla, sugar, and milk. It is about 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup sugar and enough milk to make it thick like ice cream. At least that is where I started and then I just added a little bit more. You have to eat it pretty quick b/c it melts faster than ice cream, but it is yummy and easy.
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy! I haven't made it since I lived with my parents. Your boys are adorable. I love following your blog :^)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea and tradition!
ReplyDelete