Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wrestling

Braden leaving Conseco Fieldhouse
Okay, so Saturday we were getting the house ready for an open house on Sunday (Oh, did I forget to mention that we have our house on the market? We have put our house on the market- that will be another post!) and we remembered that the IHSAA wrestling state finals were going on downtown. We went back and forth on if we wanted to go and finally we decided to go. Braden and Blake (and us too) had so much fun. They both were yelling "go Indiana guy!" Nick then had to go into that they are all from Indiana! When we were watching a few of the matches, Braden asked me "when I get big and wrestle here will you come watch me?" I had to tell him absolutely I would and if he was wrestling here all of his aunts, uncles, and grandparents would be here watching him too! Then Nick had to mention that I would be here, but maybe not fully watching and that he (Nick) would probably have to sit on the other side of the gym from me. Ha, I see! I really want Braden and Blake to do what ever they would like and I have always been a fan of wrestling (thanks to my brother Bart and Nick in HS), but it does make me a bit nervous. But I do love watching it and I was one heck of a cheerleader for Bart and I am sure I would be for my boys! We ran into Nick's old wrestling coaches, who are family friends as well, so that was nice to visit with them and their families. They were in a suite, which was nice that the boys could just run as they wanted to. It was a fun experience to share with the boys. As we were leaving Braden asked if we could come again to watch the wrestling- maybe next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment