




We finally got to spend a week in Florida after the wonderful winter here in Indiana!! We had such a great time. The boys were so excited the couple of days leading up to the trip. That is all they talked about. When we were leaving school, Braden told everyone "Bye, I am going to Florida" as to rub it in just a bit!
The drive was long, but everyone did excellent. We drove only stopping for gas/bathroom breaks (about every 4-5 hours) and for one long late dinner stop- yes you guessed it at Cracker Barrel. Who doesn't love some country cooking and shopping all in one stop?
We were lucky to get such nice weather while we were there (Todd, Alicia, and Stella went the week before - not so warm- sorry guys!). The water temp. was a bit on the cooler side I think in the mid 50's- a big yikes! The boys still got in and their poor little lips would just shiver, but they didn't want to get out. Cried when we had to!
They loved being with their grandparents (we stayed with my parents at their condo)and I think the grandparents liked having them around as well! It is so funny how Blake turns into this Grandpa/Papa boy when he is around them. He wants them to do everything for him and follows them around like their shadow! It is just sweet as can be and this vacation was no different.
We hung out at the pool, the beach, watched the manatee's(we only saw one!), collected shells, shopped, watched basketball, had some fabulous seafood (raw oysters, crab legs, fish, yummy- I think I could eat fresh seafood everyday of my life!) and just relaxed. Perfect! We made so many wonderful memories as a family and with my parents. Braden cried when we told him that it was our last day! Until next year Mom and Dad, hope you will have us again!


Oh I love this for you that you can vacation in sunny Florida and see grandparents! I love pictures of kids on the beach. 2 wonderful things together!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics! We are going next month to visit Mike's mom and step-dad and can't wait!
ReplyDelete