Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Nick!


Happy birthday to my wonderful husband!

We started the celebration on Friday when I took him out for a surprise sushi dinner - just the two of us (thanks Corey and Jessi for watching the boys!) Nick and I have never been "those" parents that go out dinner without the kids and have nothing to talk about. I think we laughed and talked the whole time. We do mention on those dinners how nice it is not to say a billion times, "Blake don't touch that, Braden that is not using good manners, etc." We walked in the door to our house with the boys laughing and smiling so it was a good night had by all!


Monday: They boys were so excited that it was Nick's birthday that they couldn't stand it. I think they both wished him happy birthday probably close to 200 times just during dinner. They were so cute about it. We had a wonderful steak, potato, corn on the cob, spinach salad dinner and finished it was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing (don't forget the sprinkles- a must the boys HAD to put on there!). It was all so yummy!


We then got to open up gifts. I asked Braden last week what he wanted to get his daddy for his birthday. He sat for a few seconds and said, "hangers!" I said, "hangers like you put clothes on?" He said, "yes" in that "of course mom" voice. And then I asked him why daddy needed hangers. He answered, "Because the other time he broke one and now I can get him a new one!" So sweet. He was so happy that he thought of that! So yes you guessed it that was one of Nick's gifts. Braden was smiling the whole time with excitement when he opened it. I don't know what face was more fun to watch Braden's excitement face or Nick's why the heck did you get me hangers face!


The boys and I are so blessed to have such an outstanding husband and dad in our lives! Nick is such a gem. He is the light of our eyes and the backbone to our family. We love you Nick! Happy birthday and we hope your day was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment