Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ohhh Blakers......



So as you can see in the pictures, we had our first trip to the ER. Little Mr. Blake was climbing at school, fell and got a nice cut on the back of his head. I tell you though, he was a trooper. He was a bit sad at school and then we got in the car and he was just fine. He was fine in the ER (had everyone eating out of his cute little hand- like always!), fine when the nurse was cleaning out the cut, and then it went down hill (he lasted a lot longer being good then I would have!). They made him go on his belly, which he wasn't too happy about. I was face to face with him with my hand on his back, the nurse had his head, and the doctor was behind him. They did such an amazing job talking to HIM ! They decided to glue the cut and then tie his hair (some new way of doing things) in 3 spots to help the glue set and keep it closed. Amazing. He was okay with 1st tie and then he started crying on the 2nd and then the 3rd. I don't want to remember the 3rd. He was screaming, crying, his face was red, he was sweating, oh that poor baby. And then it was over.... just like that..... he was in my arms again smiling. It was a rough few minutes but all is good now. The worse part of this whole thing is that it doesn't bother him at all, so he isn't careful with head. Nick and I are a little crazy about it. It makes me nervous because if he leans or falls back then he will hit it- it is just right in the middle of his head. All I have to say is that I am surprised that it has taken us this long to have our first trip to the ER with this little boys!

2 comments:

  1. poor little guy! hope he is doing better. I am definitely curious about the glue and hair tying now. odd, however wishing I would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad he is okay! It's amazing how quickly they recover and forget!

    ReplyDelete